The Truth About Applying for a Pardon or Clemency
It is free to apply for a pardon in almost every state. There is absolutely no need to waste your money having someone apply for your pardon. There is a website, ApplyForPardon.com, that offers a free and simple way to create pardon applications online. They also provide helpful advice to maximize your chances of being pardoned.
If someone other than a licensed attorney is trying to charge you for a pardon, the chances are they are ripping you off. Do not trust anyone who is over eager to take your money in return for helping you apply for a pardon. If you do decide to hire someone to help you, ask them how many pardons have they had granted in that state. Don’t settle for a vague number. Also ask how many pardons are granted in that state each year. These numbers are published. Ask to talk to real customers who have received a pardon.
Do not give your personal information such as social security number or credit card number over the phone unless you can verify that they are licensed to practice law in your state. Do not become a victim of fraud or identify theft.
WARNING! DO NOT TRUST THESE SITES FOR ANY LEGAL ADVICE:
– Expungement Assistance Services (www.clearmyrecord.com or www.removeit.org)
– Records Removal Services (www.recordsremoval.com)
– Pardon Me Now (www.pardonmenow.com)
– MyRecordCleared.com (www.myrecordcleared.com)
– American Pardon Services (www.americanpardons.com)
Questions To Ask When Hiring Someone To Help With Application for a Pardon
Dozens of people are scammed out of money everyday by “form processors” and “paralegals” who claim to be able to help obtain a pardon. It many states , such as California, it is illegal for someone other than attorney to charge you for assistance in applying for a pardon/certificate of rehabilitation. Again, there is no need to pay anyone when applying for a pardon. However, if you do, you should ask the questions below. If a person is truly qualified, they should be able to give you precise answers to the following questions
- How many pardons are granted in that state per year?
- How many were pardoned for the type of offense you were convicted of?
- How many people have they assisted in that state?
- How many people have they assisted in that state received a pardon?
- If it is a federal crime ask how many presidential pardons have they had granted?
- If it is a federal crime ask how many pardons have the predient granted.
SEE ALSO HOW TO AVOID GETTING SCAMMED BY “FORM PROCESSORS”
Do not allow non-attorneys to take your money, waste your time, access your confidential information or blow what might be your only chance to clear your criminal record. Read More
THE SIMPLE TRUTH IS THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR A PARDON FROM THE GOVERNOR OR PRESIDENT
Whats on your record?
The first step to removing your criminal record is to find out what, if anything, is showing up on your criminal background. If you are unsure of what exactly is holding you back from jobs or any of lives other opportunities we highly recommend visiting our partner, BackgroundChecks.com, where you can get a full national criminal history background check for a super low price.