Free Pardon Applications

States across the country have passed laws to help deserving people clear their criminal record. While these laws are a positive step, they do not address the issues caused by private database companies who are slow to update their records to properly reflect the court records. This lapse causes people to be denied the immediate benefit of the relief provided by the court.

There are hundreds, if not now thousands, of private sellers of criminal history for purposes of background checks. Each company has its own policy to determine when it updates its records and how they obtain their records. The high quality companies will update their records frequently. However, the lower quality (usually lower cost) companies often go a year or more without updating their data.

Although there are some federal regulations that apply to providers of criminal background checks, there are none that require periodic updates, like those required by consumer credit reporting agencies. States have the jurisdiction to create remedies for people harmed by a company selling outdated criminal history and this topic will be the subject of many future articles on this site.

In the meantime, there is partial solution that will greatly reduce the chance of having an expunged or sealed record appear on a private background check. has partnered with to provide this solution.  This exclusive partnership can expedite the process of having a person’s expunged or sealed record removed from private databases. National Database Removal service can cut the time it takes to remove the records from private databases from up to a year to less than one week. charges its record clearing clients $150 for this service. People who did not use can pay $250 for the service (if they have a copy of their granted order or similar court document).  For those who do not have a copy of their granted order, can obtain it for an additional $150.

The service will cause an expedited removal from an approximately 400 private background check companies. It also comes with a free background check from so clients can verify their record has been cleared.

The National Database Removal service includes:

  • Expedited removal from (reaches approximately 400 leading private background check companies)
  • Free background check from (Normally $49)
  • Information and sample letter on how to clear or challenge the results of any outdated background check
  • $250 credit  towards any legal action Higbee & Associates takes on your behalf against an potential employer who wrongfully discriminates against you or background check company that unlawfully distributes outdated information about you.

To purchase this service, contact at 877-573-7273.

Written by Mathew Higbee, Esq

Tell your story or ask a question on

33 Responses Leave a comment

  1. Demara Brackett says:

    Can a deferred judgment get sealed in Michigan or get a petition for factual innocence and have the records destroyed?

  2. Edward Dwayne Shelton says:

    I had a felony put on me 17 years ago and it been keeping me from getting employment to take care of my wife cousin was staying with us and stole money order from here job and me and my wife was conflict of embezzlement because my wife put the stolen money order in my account.(313)XXX-XXXX please call me.

  3. Rebecca says:

    I had a misdemeanor charge on me since 1998 for passing bad checks. I have not been in trouble with the law since then and I am needing to know how to get this off my record so that i can get a good job. I work in the nursing field and I am a very good aide. I thought these charges were off my record. However, I have come to find out they are not. What can I do? Please help and thank you.

  4. Vince Cartier says:

    I was walking at the mall when I saw a thief running towards the exit carrying a bag from a young woman . I was relieved that it wasn’t me whose bag was snatched but I felt sad for the victim. Life in general can be unpredictably harsh for some of us.

  5. Candice says:

    My daughter pleaded guilty to aggravated assault in January 2001 for fighting in college. She was given four years probation and given diversion. The felony was expunged off of her record in June 2005, however, whenever, back ground check done, felony shows up accept when back ground ran thru TBI. Most employment companies use other back ground agencies and felony shows up. My daughter is having problems with employment and not able to rent apartment. Please help

    • Mathew Higbee, Esq says:

      Please call at (877-573-7273) and ask for the National Database Removal Service. It costs $149 and it gets the record out of about 400 databases that are often used by employers.

      • norma buentello says:

        I had a drug charge in 1998. I have only had a driving while license suspended since then used to work in nursing can you help me so that i can work in a job i enjoy once again.

      • Mathew Higbee, Esq says:

        Possibly. I would suggest you take the free eligibility test. If you have specific questions, you can post them in the Forum and I, or one of the other expungement attorneys, would be glad to answer them for you.

      • norma buentello says:

        Thank you for your info. I will make that call now.

    • Carol says:

      May I ask what state your dughter lives in?

  6. Mary says:

    I have a B misdemeanor in Texas, for theft that was sealed in march 2008 but continues to come up depending on company. Can I go back and have it expunged? A friend had an C misdemeanor assault charge and her record was expunged. It never comes up. I don’t understand the difference.

  7. Kevin says:

    I have several D felonies in Indiana. They are all 10 years or older. These continue to keep me from getting a job to support my 4 kids and wife. I want these expunged so that no background companies can ruin my opportunity to get a job now. What and how do I do this quickly without bankrupting my already devastated family?
    Please help us.

    • Mathew Higbee, Esq says:

      Kevin, I think Indiana does not have an expungement law; however, I recall recent news stories about one being proposed.

  8. John says:

    Great Service! They were very professional. I really loved how they took care of everything it was painless and they did not make me feel embarrassed.

    My problem was finally solved.

    Also, their fees are very reasonable.

  9. Carol says:

    I have a felony from Tx. I have been trying to get it expunged for the past year. I was given 5 years probation but got released after 14 months for good behavior. I received a letter today from the district attorney that aid it can not be expunged because I got probation. This is a 35 year old felony I was 18 years. I am now 56 was let go from my job of 3yrs before this showed up. What can I do?

  10. mamatsara says:

    I need a neveda court forms for an expungement where I go to find and download thos petition?

  11. reginald baker says:

    I need to know how to get my background seal from public record because all my old cases are 32 years ago and they are coming up and stopping me from getting a job in the field that i am experience in. How can take care of my wife and grandkids that me and my wife are raising?

  12. Bushan says:

    I had a misdemeanor for which i was not convicted and the record is sealed will it show up in back ground checks.

    FBI is not showing up the records. Will it reflect still in criminal back ground checks.

    How do private databases have the data on criminal record? Will they search if they have a query for a person or will get info all the people on a yearly basis?

  13. louie cannon says:

    need my record sealed espessaly charges that where dropped or charges where i was found not guilty someone please help soon cant get job anywhere about to loose everything i hold dear

  14. Christina says:

    My record was sealed several years ago in Florida; however my criminal history is still available in online databases and has prevented me from obtaining employment at two different companies (they don’t care that I have the legal paperwork regarding my record being sealed). I recently spoke with another lawyer in Florida who has offered to contact the three largest background check agencies for five (5) times what you’re requiring. My question is: Does your removal service include the following companies: Lexis, Accurint, and Choicepoint? I’d like to use your services, but I also want to make sure that these companies are included in the 400 that you mention.

    Thank you!

  15. Gracelynn says:

    This is way better than a brick & mortar etsabslihment.

  16. BENJAMIN says:


  17. Cindy says:

    I have been trying to find a job but now almost all companies do background checks. I live in Washington DC, I have three felony convictions. They were in 1974, 1988, 1992. I was wondering if this is what is stopping me from becoming employed. How far does the background check go back?

  18. THOMAS says:

    I’m from Georgia and looking to have record cleared of charges that happened over 10 years ago. Charges are DUI, disorderly conduct,drinking under age, and misdemeanor drug charges. All these happened from age 15-19. I am 29 years old now. Is this possible.

  19. J says:

    I would like to inquire about your service. I have 3 records that have been ordered sealed in IL. Will this service clear up all records for $150?

    Also other than what other make background companies do you update records for? How long does this process normally take?

    Thank you. Your response is anxiously awaited.

  20. Brian says:

    I would like to know what I can do about false information that is on the national criminal database?
    It has me listed of being convicted of things I know nothing about! I went to the Sheriff’s Dept and they said they can’t do anything about it and have called many attorneys also saying they don’t handle cases in this matter. its really causing me a lot of stress and and anxiety! and loss of opportunity wit this false record!
    I do not have the money to pay an attorney to do what is necesary to have this matter resolved! PLEASE IF SOMEONE CAN HELP, I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

  21. Maria says:

    I was arrested and never charged for identity thieft in Ohio that was 3 months ago .i have just found out I have a f5 onmy record even Dow I was never charged or went before a judge . What cAn I do to get this removed

Leave a Reply

Please be aware that these comments will appear publicly.

Featured Expungement Attorney Law Firm of Higbee and Associates