Choosing an expungement attorney
Qualified Expungement Attorneys and Record Sealing Lawyers By State
Expungement attorneys are trained in expungement law and know that getting your record expunged is important and can have a lifelong affect on you. An expungement attorney will make sure the job is done right and, what may be your only chance, is not blown. An expungement attorney can handle objections from the District Attorney and go to court on your behalf to answer questions from the judge.
You can find dozens of recommended expungement attorneys who are qualified to help you clear your record. It is best to work with an attorney who specializes in record clearing. Here are some tips on choosing the best attorney to clear your criminal record.
How To Choose A Good Expungement Attoreny
Always ask these questions:
- Call and ask to speak to a licensed attorney
- Ask for the state bar number and verify it on the state bar’s web site. Make sure the name and phone number match where you are calling.
- Ask for a money back guarantee. Most attorneys who specialize in record clearing will give a money back guarantee for most services.
- Ask for a quote. Attorneys who specialize in record clearing should know the cost of the case. Make sure there are no hidden fees.
- Ask how many cases like yours have they handled and how many were successful.
Reasons To Choose A Licensed Expungement Attorney
Using a lawyer firm saves you money, saves you time and gives you the best chance to succeed. Here are just some of the benefits.
- When you add up the hidden fees, a real lawyer is usually less expensive.
- A lawyer will make sure it gets done right the first time so you avoid months of delay or becoming ineligible.
- An attorney is the only one who can handle everything for you
- An attorney is trained in the law and will make sure you are making the best possible decision
- An attorney is the only one who can go to court for you
- Attorneys have spent tens of thousand of dollars and 7 years of higher education to be able to practice law, they are not going to risk their ability to practice law by committing malpractice or stealing your money.
For the quickest way to find an attorney visit our choosing an expungement attorney page for a list of recommended attorneys.
Whats on your record?
The first step to removing your criminal record is to find out what, if anything, is showing up on your criminal background. If you are unsure of what exactly is holding you back from jobs or any of lives other opportunities we highly recommend visiting our partner, BackgroundChecks.com, where you can get a full national criminal history background check for a super low price.